The discipline of software engineering has evolved over the past decades with the introduction of Lean-Agile and DevOps principles and practices. New skills and approaches help organizations deliver software-centric solutions faster, more predictably, and with higher quality. During this three-day, workshop-oriented course, attendees learn the foundational principles and practices that make up the Agile Software Engineering discipline.
Attendees will learn how continuous flow of value delivery and building in quality are enabled by modern practices including XP technical practices, Behavioral-Driven Development (BDD), and Test-Driven Development (TDD). Attendees will learn proven practices to detail, model, design, implement, verify, and validate stories in a SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline. They will know the practices that build quality into code (abstraction, encapsulation, intentional programming) and designs (SOLID, Design patterns). Attendees will also understand how Software Engineering fits into the larger solution context and their role in collaborating on intentional architecture and DevOps.
To perform the role of a SAFe® 4 Agile Software Engineer attendees should be able to:
- Define Agile Software Engineering and the underlying values, principles, and practices
- Apply the Test-First principle to create alignment between tests and requirements
- Create shared understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Communicate with Agile modeling
- Design from context for testability
- Build applications with code and design quality
- Utilize the test infrastructure for automated testing
- Collaborate on intentional architecture and emergent design
- Apply Lean-Agile Principles to optimize the flow of value
- Create an Agile Software Engineering plan
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Student Workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Certification of completion
- Certified SAFe® 4 Agile Software Engineer certification upon passing of exam
- One Certification exam attempt (re-takes at an additional fee)
Who will benefit?
This course targets the technical members of an Agile Team – developers and testers. Product Owners, Scrum Master, Managers, and others with a less technical background would also be very beneficial as they would gain an understanding of the development process so that team collaboration will become more effective.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, meeting the following prerequisites will make the training more productive.
- Understanding of SAFe for Teams
- Background in engineering, development, managing development, or quality assurance